Sunday 7 April 2013

Misc Update

So, somehow, this blog has managed to pick up a couple of followers. Amazing I know.

Just in case you aren't members of the Lincombe Barn Wargaming Society, I thought I should take the time to explain what this blog is actually about.

Hammer and Sickle Time charts the (mis)adventures of the Bristol Bolshevistic Committee during that tumultuous period that never was - the second British Civil war, known to aficionados as a Very British Civil War. Unfortunately, I've never really managed to get into the voice of the leader of the BBC and I've never really been happy with my output here.

The premise of VBCW is that Edward VIII, instead of abdicating to marry Wallis Simpson, went ahead and married her anyway, pissing off a whole range of various interest groups, from the left wing, who were worried by his pro-fascist bent to social conservatives who disapproved of his marrying a divorcee. Scots and Welsh nationalists also decide to throw in their hats causing one massive cluster-f*ck.

However, this setting is often played quite tongue in cheek leading to the description 'tea and hand grenades,' with varying amounts of scorn. The two factions currently playing in the campaign most representative of this aesthetic are those based on a girls school. They're very Saint Trinians, with their hockey sticks and gauche, shotgun armed French teachers.


This 'what if' scenario is played using various rules, in our case a continuously evolving rule set put together by one of Lincombe Barn's committee.

The next game has been a little delayed as I volunteered to design and run it and well... I've been procrastinating. I have a great plan, I just haven't put it together yet. I've got it on my to do list, I'll just have to press myself.

In fact I might chart it's progress on my real but fledgling war-gaming blog over at http://miniaturestrategy.blogspot.co.uk/

Check it out dear follower, if you want to follow something that updates more regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment